Monday, October 3, 2011

Seeing the light


This year I went to JCCS (Japanese Classic Car Show) for second time. The first time I went with my now wife as a date and the fact that she went through the experience gracefully I know I found the one. But back on topic, this year I went with my father.

My dad is always asking me out of the entire car which one is “the one”. The end all be all of cool that if you could only have one car it would be this car. I could never decide there is the Celica-Supra, the Ae86 Corolla, the Gen IV Supra, and The MR-2 who can pick. So as we walked thought the show I came to a realization.



I am not sure that it gets cooler that this. The 1st Generation Celica is an absolute classic with lines. It is an iconic sports car from the 70’s that put Toyota on the map. The only problem is it came with a 20R engine. Now they are a great engine but lack in the power that a modern car has. So if I can ever get my hand on one I think I would put in a 7mge  (that is if I would fit). I would have it  carbureted to avoid the hassle of the onboard CPU. Also I would have to change out the transmission and tweak the suspension some.



Out of all the cars in the world this is my dream car and the next one on the list, after I finish the Cressida. I think I would make it more of a track car than a show car, with flat paint and race seat a sleeper. But until then it will have to stay in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment